Tuesday, July 30, 2013

In a sweatshirt and good company.

Since we’re now on day five of this glorious fall-like weather in July, I think it’s safe to say the heat advisory has been lifted. My autumn-loving soul is reveling in the opportunity to sleep in a pile of blankets and lounge about in socks and sweatshirts drinking gallons of coffee. Apparently the water fowl who reside in the park I run through every other day are also enjoying the temperature reprieve. Ambient temperature seems to have an inverse relationship with the number of geese that ominously guard the path through the park. I thought I had recovered from the trauma of watching geese eat my father’s shoes off his feet as a child, but I don’t know that I can blame the run for the spike in my heart rate as I near those long-necked monsters.

The cooler weather and sporadic rain hit us just as I was heading up to Big Star Lake for some frolicking in the sunshine. Even though this visit was without beach volleyball and tubing, the quality of the Spauldings’ company made for a beautiful start to the weekend, full of good books, great conversation, and some overtly competitive euchre.

The rain held off long enough for me to take a short walk around the cottages to explore some places I hadn’t been on my last visit.
IMG_9444
IMG_9459IMG_9467
IMG_9434
IMG_9468IMG_9448
IMG_9463IMG_9423
Grateful for the sweetness of friendship today.

Back to my duties as an enchilada dealer. Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Love your shots of the cottage. Good conversation is always present when you are here!

    ReplyDelete