Friday, June 6, 2014

It’s not all gonna be gold, but some of it certainly will be.

IMG_8884IMG_8885IMG_8887

After work on Wednesday, I went on a walk with Mary, one of the other American students staying in Gurgaon. As we were walking, these guys rode past us on their motorbike yelling, “photo! photo!” I asked them if they wanted me to take a picture of them. They nodded emphatically, so I obliged. They prepared by backing as far away from me as they could and then the driver of the motorbike slowly rolled towards me while his friend strutted beside him. Eventually they hit what they perceived to be their mark and struck a pose. I asked if they wanted to see what I had taken; they nodded excitedly. He asked me where I was from. I asked him what his name was. Sonu. From the Hindi word for gold.

Stay golden, Sonu.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment