Thursday, June 27, 2013

Always Gold by [Radical Face]

Good afternoon, dear ones!

Suddenly, my slow, lumbering summer has taken off at a sprint. Tonight my dear friend Becca comes to visit. She was one of my most excellent friends while I was studying in Denmark. But she's not Danish. This is typically a point of confusion as I try to explain the relationship. Though we're both from the great United States, we've never met on American soil. Hopefully she still finds me interesting even when we're not standing on cobblestone roads surrounded by gazillion year-old buildings.

She and I will get to adventure together through Saturday and then Alec and I will head to his cottage in that mysterious region all Michiganders refer to as "up north". Here we are sure to enjoy beautiful sunsets and sand between our toes.

And before I know it, at six o'clock on Monday morning, I'll be hopping on a van to New York City. This weekend, I was asked if I'd be willing to lead a week-long urban ministry trip for high schoolers. Obviously this was a question to which I responded, "yes, please!"

Just when my hunger for adventure was becoming overwhelming, I find myself poised to overeat. Extra napkins, please.

And so I leave you with a video of a wonderful song about the love between two brothers. And will return with plenty of stories to tell and photographic evidence of my exploits.

No comments:

Post a Comment