Saturday, September 28, 2013

Happy monthaversary.

As of, Thursday, I have lived in Ann Arbor for one month. So last night I celebrated with a photo walk around my neighborhood. At 7:00pm.

When inspiration and the urge to move hit, I don’t ask questions. I just start strollin’.

And it turns out strollin’ was a good idea. Because now I have all these dusky pictures of my new home.

IMG_8432IMG_8409IMG_8411IMG_8413IMG_8429IMG_8435IMG_8438

The past month has been an exercise in learning how not to feel trapped without a vehicle at my disposal. I think I’m hanging out in the B-/C+ range. A couple weekends ago, I was overcome by an intense need for yarn and size 9 knitting needles. So I looked up the nearest Michael’s on Google maps. Five miles. No problem.

At least three of those miles were ridden on my bicycle alongside this.

Traffic on Washtenaw Avenue in Ypsilanti on Tuesday. Daniel Brenner I AnnArbor.com
[source]

Oh, and it started raining on the ride home.

It’s a different life on the seat of a bicycle. But it’s a beautiful one, full of weird stories and overly-defined quads. When you love living life on the go as much as I do, it’s hard to all of a sudden find yourself confined to the space within a five-mile radius of your house. But I don’t think there’s a five-mile radius filled with more awesome stuff than mine. I’m a lucky duck.

Cheers to using the legs the Lord gave me and learning to love the short game.

Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment